1.04.2013

Those Xmas Pounds...

I've Already Lost the Xmas Pounds
Just catch the flu! My new year’s gift was the flu. Vomiting and diahrea for 24 hours straight. That put me into a flare. I’ve been on 3 days only fluids.

I took this “opportunity” to try Electrolyte gastro rehydrating crystals. It's supposed to be  "an easy-to-use rehydration drink that quickly restores vital minerals and body water lost through vomiting."
  
It kinda tasted like the 4 litres of golyte you are forced to drink when prepping for a scope. So I didn’t manage to drink much, but hope it helped.

Each sachet of Electrolyte gastro contains:
Sodium Chloride..............................0.47 g
Sodium Acid Citrate.........................0.53 g
Potassium Chloride.........................0.30 g
Glucose (from corn syrup)...............3.56 g


Other than that I stuck to ice water and weak chamomile mint tea with honey. It’s comforting to the tummy and contains no caffeine. 







And Boost. When it’s really chilled, I can stomach it.

I’m slowly getting better and the turkey pounds have vanished. How's that for seeing the silver lining?
Next time I will be talking about my newest journey: green energy (juicing). Stay tuned and keep coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment